Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Hospital

I recently was in the hospital for a week and have you ever embraced the needs in a hospital. Oh my goodness it can be extremely overwhelming. There are so many different people, and stories that led each person into that large infrastructure. This crazy place can be a place of hope, tears, miracles, and sometimes  the end of the road here on earth that is. This is a place we should all spend a little more time. Even if its volunteering every once in a while. I almost think of it like a little mission close to home. I know weird...oh well.
I have never really appreciated nurses more than this last time in the hospital. They are God's little angels from above. Not all, but many of them. (I think some of them just haven't realized it yet:) They see so much every day, and yet many of them with their sweet touch and gentle voice can bring so much joy to one patient. Sometimes they are all that a patient has. The way that they comfort you, share their personal stories with you, and make sure that you are as comfortable as you can be. I had a nurse one night who felt just like my grandma was with me. She was so sweet and genuine, shared somewhat of her life story with me, and just brought so much comfort and joy to my bedside when I needed it most. I just thought what an amazing woman, she does this for so many people. Some people are extremely hard to deal with as patients in the hospital and that amazes me even more. Nurses do things to care for people that I question would their close loved ones even do.
Most of all at a  hospital their is so much opportunity to pray. To pray for so many, patients barely holding on, nurses praying that God will bless them and give them more patients, family members for comfort, and just that God would be seen in the midst of all of these circumstances. Even though there was so much chaos personally when I was there and I didn't get the answers I was looking for, I am thankful for my visit there. 

1 comment:

A.PETH said...

love your thoughts on this Ri...i hope you are doing wonderful right now....

aubrey